Uh, it’s been a while, hasn’t it?
Here’s the Cliff Notes version of some major life events that have transpired since I last made a post here:
- I’m no longer living in Florida, and have been in North Carolina since last October.
- I was accepted into a graduate program, and am now working on figuring out my finances so I can earn a Master’s Degree.
- I got divorced and moved into my own apartment, which I lived in for a year until I relocated and moved in with my romantic partner.
- I started smoking again, then quit again — actually for good this time (my 2-year quit-iversary will be in June).
- I also quit drinking, which I might expand upon later.
- I’m still vegan, though! My 3-year veg-anniversary will be in August.
- I did a second RunDisney weekend (a 10k + half marathon, 19.3 miles total!) last April, which I meant to post about but never got around to.
- I visited Phoenix, the Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, San Francisco, El Paso, Puerto Rico, Fiji, Jamaica, Curacao, Aruba, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, and Mexico. I started a travel journal/scrapbook again (an actual, physical book!) but I have intentions of also posting here about a couple of those adventures.
The other day I realized I’ve had this domain for about 18 years. I suppose if I’d committed to it at the beginning, it could be something really cool by now. While I’ve put aside my daydreams of being a full-time blogger, I’m hoping I can find the motivation to simply start writing again.
In the past I think I’ve felt pressured to find an internet “niche” and stick with it in the topics of my posts, so a lot of things I started to write just never got published because they didn’t match whatever “type of blogger” I was attempting to be. But now I’m just going to write about my life without any sort of contrived direction to follow. My goal is to post more frequently than once every 2 years, lol.
You may notice that the layout is now very minimalist; lately I’ve been feeling nostalgic for the “simple” web designs we had in the late 90s, so that is what inspired it.